Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Train of Thought on the Power of Thought & Word

Thoughts, words, and actions all emit vibrations of energy within us and the entire universe. There is a great difference in the power of saying "I feel" versus "I am". In the positive and negative "I am" is commanding (aka. _belief_ = me). When speaking of feelings we are acknowledging what we feel in our heart parts and allowing our intrinsic nature to stand in its power.

Example: “I am suicidal” vs. “I have suicidal thoughts and feelings that are really a reflection of not wanting to face difficult circumstances”. When phrased like the latter way the power & self-label of not being enough is diminished & I can embrace myself while holding on to the value of my experience.

My word and The Word are powerful. I had no idea that I had more control over my life than I previously thought. I may not be able to directly influence every situation to be in my favor, yet I can learn to perceive them differently & see them for what they truly are—experiences and potential lessons.

My thoughts, alongside my ego, had to be correct. What else would make sense to a little girl at 6 years old that was being sexually abused for years? She thought it was because she was unlovable, bad, unworthy, not good enough, dirty, and undeserving of kindness. She thought that those bad things were her fault & that God had allowed it to happen. She thought that life had to be hard & that there wasn’t any real happiness to be had. She did the best she could with what she knew and she survived many such encounters.

Her mindset, which was and is mine, could only allow for so much good. Every event perceived revolved around those belief systems. How exhausting? How depressing? How resigning? I have suffered with a great deal of mountains to climb. I have overcome the harrowing effects of sexual abuse, addictions, suicidal tendencies and codependency. I have starred down the very face of adversity and “beat the odds”.
I had a choice to make about myself and my perspective of life and have had many turning points. I could choose to remain in my darkness & despair, or I could take the faith and believe that mountains could be moved or removed. Each day I face that same choice: life and creation, or death and destruction?

“Men and women who turn their lives over to God will discover that He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can. He will deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, raise up friends, and pour out peace. Whoever will lose his life in the service of God will find eternal life” (“Jesus Christ—Gifts and Expectations,” President Ezra Taft Benson, Ensign, Dec. 1988, 4)
Daily I choose to be co-creators with my higher powers. Creation happens—one thought, one word, one line, one page at a time. Repetition of the overall positive is essential. We write a new page together every day. We also edit the previous chapters and remove the biased “corrections” of pride based writing from previous generations. Every day is filled with discoveries, rediscoveries, and recoveries. Every day is a beautiful gift from above and by the power of my word, “I love living!”

“In a real though figurative sense, the book of life is the record of the acts of men, as such record is written [in my own body]. It is the record engraven on the very bones, sinews, and flesh of [my] mortal body . . . . Every thought, word and deed has an effect on the human body; all these leave their marks, marks which can be read by Him who is Eternal, as easily as the words in a book can be read…. . . When the book of life is opened on the Day of Judgment, [my body] will show what law [I] have lived.” (Elder Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, Bookcraft, 1966, 97.)
My body, mind and spirit are the Book of my Life. And in it I find light and truth. There is power in my word and in my being. I am in Godliness and them in me. There is Hope and I am living proof of the power of it to transform life from war to peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment